The annual conference of the International Association of PortΕconomics – IAME 2014, that was held 15-18 July in Norfolk, Virginia provided to the PortEconomics team the opportunity to present the port research that they conducted over the last year.
In total, PortEconomics members presented 25 different port or port related studies that progressed over the course of the last months, shaping research developments in the emerging research field of port economics, policy and management, as well as in port related studies.
Over the next days, PortEconomics will bring to its readers further information and material on the research presented by its members during the IAME 2014 Conference – Stay tuned…
- Grushevska, K. and Notteboom, T.: An economic and institutional analysis of multi-port gateway regions in the Black Sea Basin
- Burns, M., Merryman, St., Dooms, M. and Aalund, N.: Economic and environmental impact assessment of the ballast water treatment management regulations
- Kolar, P. and Rodrigue, J-P.: Improving the bottlenecks: The Czech Republic as a Central European intermodal transport and logistics platform
- Ducruet, C.: Mapping global maritime flows and port hierarchies since the late nineteenth century
- Nijdam, M., Van der Lugt, L. and Schipper, D.: Flexibility in port management: Concession design
- Asaf, A. and Rodrigue, J-P.: Transshipment hubs in the new Panamax era: What role for the Caribbean?
- Parola, F., Satta, G. and Caschili, S.: Social and instrumental antecedents of clique survival in the port industry network: A longitudinal perspective [Read more]
- Fraser, D., Notteboom, T. and Ducruet, C.: Peripherality in the global container shipping network: The case of the Southern African container port system
- Aerts, G., Grage, T., Dooms, M. and Haezendonck, E.: Public-private partnerships for the provision of port infrastructure: Stakeholder analysis of critical success factors in German, Dutch and Belgian seaports [Read more]
- Mareï, N. and Ducruet, C.: Maritime networks and regional integration: Evidence from Mediterranean, Caribbean and East Asian areas
- Hoffmann, J., Van Hoogenhuizen, J-W. and Wilmsmeier, G.: Developing an index for bilateral liner shipping connectivity
- Van der Horst, M. and Kuipers, B.: Improving coordination in container barging: A case study in the port of Rotterdam
- Schellinck, T. and Brooks, M. R.: Does superior service performance provided to shipping lines improve the perceived value of a port?
- Wan, Ch., Zhang, D., Shi, J. Fu, Sh., Yan, X. and Ng, Adolf K.Y.: Emerging LNG fueled ships in Chinese shipping industry: A hybrid analysis and prospects
- Figueiredo de Oliviera, G. and Cariou, P.: The impact of competition on container port (in)efficiency [Read more]
- Langenus, M. and Dooms, M.: Port industry performance management: A meso-level gap in literature and practice? [Read more]
- Ducruet, C., Ng, A.K.Y., Fu, X. and Lau, Y-y.: Across the waves: A bibliometric analysis of container shipping research
- Satta, G., Notteboom, T., Parola, F. and Penco, L.: Disclosure as a tool in stakeholder relations management: A longitudinal study on the Port of Rotterdam [Read more]
- Van der Lugt, L., De Langen, P. and Hagdorn, L.: Strategic beliefs of port authorities
- Lau, Y-y., Tam, K-c., Ng, A.K.Y. and Pallis, A.: A study on the site selection process of the Kai Tak cruise terminal in Hong Kong
- Wang, G.W.Y., Notteboom, T. and Pallis, A.: Incentives in cruise terminal concession contracts [Read more]
- Satta, G., Parola, F. Penco, L. and Persico, L.: Destination satisfaction as a predictor of cruiser expenditures and behavioural intentions [Read more]
- Wang, S. and Notteboom, T.: The role of port authorities in the development of LNG bunkering facilities in North-European ports
- Hintjens, J. and Vanelslander, T. van der Horst, M. and Kuipers, B.: The effect of the transition to a bio-based economy on seaports: The case of the Flemish-Dutch delta
- Wilmsmeier, G., Froese, J., Zotz, A-K. and Meyer, A.: Energy consumption and efficiency – Emerging challenges from reefer trade in Latin American container terminals [Read more]