William A. Black Chair of Commerce
Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building
6100 University Ave (Room 5118)
PO Box: 15000
Halifax, B3H 4R2 Canada
- Brooks M.R., Schellinck, T. and Pallis A.A. (2011). Port Effectiveness: Users perspectives in North America. Transportation Research Record (TRR), 2222, 34-42.
- Brooks M.R., Schellinck, T. and Pallis A.A. (2011). A systematic approach of evaluating Port Effectiveness. Maritime Policy and Management. 38(3), 315-334.
- Brooks, M.R. and Pallis, A.A. (2008). Assessing port governance models: Process and performance components. Maritime Policy and Management, 35(4), 411-432.
- Brooks, M.R. and Pallis A.A., (2007). Linking port performance and post-devolution port governance models. Proceedings of the International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME) Conference, Athens, July 2007.
- Hossain, Kamrul, Hugh M. Kindred, and Mary R. Brooks (2009), The Challenge of Maritime Security against Terrorism: A Dialogue Between the European Union and Canada, in T. Koivurova, T et al. (eds), Understanding and Strengthening EU-Canada Relations in the Law of the Sea and Ocean Governance, Rovaniemi, Lapland: University of Lapland Printing Centre, 351-386.
- Kindred, Hugh M. and Mary R. Brooks (2009), Consequences of Securing Merchant Shipping for Contractual Relations in the Carriage of Seaborne Trade, in The Future of Regime-Building in the Law of the Sea: Essays in Tribute to Douglas M. Johnston, Aldo Chircop, Ted L. McDorman and Susan J. Rolston (eds.), Leiden: Martinus Nijhoff Publishers, 319-348.
- Brooks, Mary R. (2008), North American Freight Transportation: The Road to Security and Prosperity. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar.
- Brooks, Mary R. and Ron Pelot (2008), Port Security: A Risk-Based Approach, in Maritime Safety, Security and Piracy, Wayne Talley (ed.) London: Informa Publications, 195-216.
- Brooks, Mary R. (2007), Addressing Gaps in the Transportation Network: Seizing Canada's Continental Gateway Advantage, Toronto: Conference Board of Canada, October. ISBN: 978-0-88763-802-2.
- Brooks, Mary R. and Kenneth J. Button (2007), Maritime Container Security: A Cargo Interest Perspective, in Port, Maritime and Supply Chain Security: Frameworks, Models and Applications, Bichou, K., M. Bell and A. Evans, (eds.), London: Informa, pp. 221-236.
- Brooks, Mary R. and Kevin Cullinane eds. (2007), Devolution, Port Performance and Port Governance (Research in Transport Economics Volume 17). Oxford: Elsevier.
- Brooks, Mary R., J.R.F. Hodgson and J. D. Frost (2006), Short Sea Shipping on the East Coast of North America: an analysis of opportunities and issues, Halifax: Dalhousie University. (Project ACG-TPMI-AH08, Transport Canada)
- Brooks, Mary R. (2005), The Jones Act Under NAFTA and Its Effects on the Canadian Shipbuilding Industry, a report for the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade, pp. 64. (This refereed research report for government was commissioned by the Department of Foreign Affairs in 2003 and has been reprinted by the Atlantic Institute for Market Studies as a Research Paper in September 2006.)
- Hodgson, J.R.F. and Mary R. Brooks (2004), Canada's Maritime Cabotage Policy: A Report for Transport Canada, Halifax: Marine Affairs Program, pp.83.
- Hodgson, J.R.F. and Mary R. Brooks (2003), Recent Developments in International Shipping Policy and Their Implications for Canada, A Report for Transport Canada, Halifax: Marine Affairs Program, pp.103.
- Brooks, Mary R., Kenneth Button and Peter Nijkamp (2002), Maritime Transport, Cheltenham, UK: Edward Elgar as part of a 8-volume Classics in Transport Analysis series edited by Kenneth Button and Peter Nijkamp, 558 pp.
- Brooks, Mary R. (2000), Sea Change in Liner Shipping: Regulation and Managerial Decision-Making in a Global Industry, Oxford: Pergamon Press.