Addressing the theme, "Marine experience: Can we manage tomorrow's port without it?" the 2012 IHMA Congress will showcase technical and operational breakthroughs together with international case studies on the development and management of modern port and marine operations across the globe.
The Congress will address the following key issues:
- The role of the Harbour Master in port management and development
- The legal powers of the Harbour Master in new commercial landscape
- Managing the decline of nautical expertise in shipping and the port industry
- Port performance, port competition and the Harbour Master
- International harmonisation of port rules, regulations and procedures
- Cost cutting, efficient and safe operations in tomorrow's port