The PortExecutive Seminar is a two-day executive training program exploring challenges faced by port managers and regulators. Following two successful editions in Greece and France, the 2013 edition heads to Antwerp, home to Europe's second largest seaport. The seminar provides port and port-related professionals an in-depth, authorative analysis of the port competitive environment; port governance, private-public partnership and port supply chains brought to you by leading academic experts and practitioners.
The seminar is brought to you by the PortEconomics team, a unique team of leading academic experts and practitioners; all of them having extensive experience and contributions in the structuring of the port sector in all five continents.
Join a unique series of interactive sessions involving a mixture of decision-makers, the highly experienced PortEconomics team and industry representatives (shipping lines and port authorities), who will update you on developments in the port world and inform your future professional activities.
- Managers and staff of private and public entities involved in port management, operation, planning and development.
- Private consultants interested in developing a portfolio of port projects.
- Professionals in the transportation sector and logistics
- All those involved in port and maritime related economics activities
- Attendees of previous editions who would like to renew their knowledge and networking.
The seminar will be hosted by ITMMA, University of Antwerp in the bustling port city of Antwerp. The venue of PortExecutive Seminar is the 16th century 'Hof van Liere' of the University of Antwerp, Prinsstraat 13, 2000 Antwerp.
Antwerp is a wealthy historical town by the river Scheldt: it still evokes memories of great artists and scientists such as Rubens, Van Dyck, Jordaens, Brueghel, Plantijn, Erasmus amongst many others, all in a thousand years of architecture and five centuries of music and artistic and decorative crafts. In short Antwerp is a metropolis with many dazzling facets, just like its world-famous diamonds. It is no surprise that the city of Antwerp contains innumerable pubs each with its own character, wonderfully sophisticated restaurants, typical street cafés and busy shopping streets. Antwerp is art, science, culture and economics all rolled into one.For tourist information see www.visitantwerpen.be
Information on the Antwerp port can be found at www.portofantwerp.be
The PortExecutive SummerCourse enrolment fee is 980 €
* Fees include all course materials, meals, refreshments and the PortEconomics dinner
(to commence May 20, Early-bird registration to apply until June 20)
Please download (after May 20) and complete the registration form in BLOCK CAPITALS and submit the form before 20 August 2013 in one of the following ways:
• Fax form to Conference Secretariat on +302271035299
• Send form to: University of the Aegean, Dept. of Shipping, Trade and Transport, 2a Korai Str, 82100 Chios, Greece
(Early Bird ends: 20 June 2013)
Tel. : +30 2271035287 / Fax: +30 22710 35299