KEDGE Business School seeks to fill a PhD position for its Centre of Excellence in Supply Chain (CESIT). The selected candidate will perform an economic and political analysis of the implementation of Emission Control Areas (ECAs), focusing on French ports and the Mediterranean Sea.
KEDGE Business School is a vibrant business school with four campuses in France (Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille and Toulon), two in China (Shanghai and Suzhou) and one in Africa (Dakar). KEDGE Business School offers an international environment, which includes 12,600 students (25% foreign students), 183 full-time faculty members (44% of whom are international) and 275 international academic partners. Ranked 33rd amongst European Business Schools and 37th worldwide for the Executive MBA by the Financial Times, KEDGE Business School is AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA accredited and a member of the French Conference des Grandes Écoles. The funded position will be based at the Marseille campus.
Required profile for the PhD position
- A master’s degree, preferably in transport or logistics or relevant social sciences, e.g. economics, geography
- Proof of fluency in English and French
- A passion for research
- Ability to work independently In addition to these formal requirements, candidates are selected based on their CVs, academic references, and interviews with the potential supervisors.
- Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to the completion of doctoral studies
- Approximately 50% of the position’s time will be dedicated to providing teaching and research support
Conditions of employment
- Our PhD positions are fully funded for a period of up to 4 years. Appointed PhD candidates are employees of KEDGE Business School and will receive a salary of approx. EUR 1900 per month gross, including health care benefits.
- Following the 3-paper model, a PhD thesis at KEDGE consists of three related academic papers, which are presented at leading conferences and ultimately submitted to high-quality academic journals.
- The PhD programme offers extensive training in research methods; students are also encouraged to attend research seminars regularly.
- Our PhD students furthermore are expected to teach on undergraduate and masters’ courses, which are normally undertaken in English. Training in pedagogy is also available.
- Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a duration of up to four years. The PhD positions are intended to start 1 September 2021.
How to apply
- All applicants are required to follow our online application platform: https://student.join.kedge.edu/En/Welcome
- Applications will be reviewed in two selection rounds. The application deadline for the first round is 28 February 2021, for the second is 10 May 2021. Please note that all positions may be filled during the first round. We reserve the right to cancel the second one.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview, which can be via Skype, with two faculty members of KEDGE. Please submit the following documents: 1. Statement of purpose (cover letter) 2. Curriculum vitae 3. Research proposal (see attached document for guidance) 4. Grade reports of your academic degrees 5. A pdf copy of your master’s thesis or other research-oriented output (e.g., bachelor’s thesis, seminar papers, etc.). This work must be single-authored. 6. At least one reference letter
Additional information can be obtained from: