PortEconomics member Giovanni Satta, along with scholars from the University of Genoa and the University Parthenope (Naples) are studying green strategies performed by port authorities/port managing bodies (PAs/PMBs). They are investigating the environmental benefits arising from these strategies as well as the economic, market, and social advantages for port stakeholders.
As an expert in the maritime logistics industry, you are kindly asked to complete this anonymous questionnaire and contribute to the research.
- Shareholders/owners. Public entities or private organisations/firms holding an equity share in the Port Authority (PA) or Port Managing Body (PMB) or are entitled to appoint PA/PMB board of directors or executive directors.
- Financial community. Financial and credit institutions providing financial resources to support PA/PMB investment decisions and port development.
- Employees and labour unions. Labour unions and people working at both executive and operational levels in the PA/PMB, public institutions (customs, coast guard, etc.) concessionaires, as well as labour pools.
- Terminal operators. Firms that own or otherwise operate a terminal through a concession.
- Other concessionaires. Firms holding at least a concession in the port area related to warehouses, industrial areas, logistics platforms, malls, or commercial areas.
- Carriers. Shipping lines (container, ro-ro, cruise companies, etc.) and tramp operators (liquid bulk, dry bulk, etc.).
- Port users. Freight forwarders, ship agents, brokers, road hauliers, railway companies, logistics providers, etc.
- Passengers. A traveller on a ferry or a cruise ship who passes through the port for embarking/disembarking.
- Local community and societal groups of interests. People and organisations located in the proximity of the port areas and directly or indirectly affected by the port operation and business.
- Regulatory agencies. Policymakers and public institutions setting the institutional framework and governance mechanisms
Looking forward to receiving your contribution.